As we enter into a new year, it’s an excellent time to reflect on how we want to feel and to make a commitment to a healthier, happier life.
Is stress or negativity impacting your quality of life? What if you could experience less stress simply by shifting the way you think and speak? You can! It is called affirmational living.
The word affirmation comes from the Latin affirmare, which mean to strengthen or make steady. Affirmations purify our thoughts and help us to re-wire our brain so we believe we are unlimited. By personally embracing the power of your thoughts, mind, and energy, you can change your life.
Everything has a vibration. Everything is energy. Love is the highest vibration. When we think and feel positive loving thoughts, we feel wonderful and connected. The practice of using positive, affirming thoughts can reduce stress, increase joy, and expand productivity. Above all, it places your well being in your hands.
This one lifestyle change is super easy because you are already using words and thoughts all the time to create your reality. Why not say and think life-affirming ones?
An affirmation or mantra speaks to your mind, body, and spirit. Here are a few of my favorites:
• I trust the process.
• I am confident.
• I take positive action.
• My body is healthy.
• I am brimming with radiant energy and my mind is clear.
I like to think of affirmations as part of a recipe for a radiant self-care regimen: Stir together one serving of positive thoughts and two teaspoons of affirmation. Add a generous helping of love, a three-minute breathing break throughout your day, and two scoops of mindfulness (an age-old secret of the masters). Abracadabra! You have a new lease on life.
As you begin to open your heart and mind, consider these four things.
• Mindfulness - To be mindful is to slow down, to take time for what matters.
• Affirmation or mantra - A sacred word or phrase that returns you to the present moment, that is life affirming, positive, and may protect you from negative energy.
• Breathing - One of the best relaxation techniques on the planet.
• Positive thinking - Uplifting, loving, joyful words and emotions that create balance and well being.
Say to yourself: I realize I need to take responsibility for my well being, choices, thoughts, actions, and happiness.
According to writer and new-thought visionary, Louise L Hay, “The universe totally supports us in every thought we choose to think and believe.” Studies show people who think and speak positively experience more joy and peace and have more energy to do the things they really want to do.
One of the best things about using affirmations is you can apply them in any area of your life. Whether you wish to improve your body image, make more money, or have more spiritual connection, the list is unlimited.
Some of the benefits of affirmational living include reduced stress, improved self-esteem, increased energy, better communication, more balance in your life, a release of negative behavior, and an increase in feelings of joy and overall fun!
Ready for a new you? Follow these easy steps to get started:
• Step 1. Get focused ~ Take a deep breath in and exhale fully. Ask yourself, “How do I wish to feel today?” or “What would I like to accomplish?” Many times a single word will come to you. Let’s say the word is “energized.” Use that word in your affirmation.
“I am energized in all I do. I experience joy and ease today.”
• Step 2. Set the tone of your day ~ You can do this by starting your day on a positive note, such as in gratitude. Declare and affirm out loud “Today, good things are coming my way.” Or be specific to your day and state, “I am going to ace this business meeting. I am having an excellent workout. I appreciate all that I have.”
• Step 3. Generate a positive energy flow ~ In the words of Esther Hicks, author of The Law of Attraction,” what we send out into the universe is returned to us. Love is the most positive energy we have. When send out loving thoughts and vibrations to ourselves and others, love is what is we receive.
• Step 4. Be creative, stay present, and have fun ~ You may be wondering how something so simple as saying positive, life-affirming statements/words out loud can change and enhance your life. My response is to try it. Today is a new day, and anything can happen.
I wish you a Happy New Year and know that something wonderful is about to happen TO YOU.
Carylanne is a spiritual guide, Reiki master, life coach, motivational speaker, artist, hypnotherapist, and ordained minister. She resides in Va. Beach. Visit her at www.AskCarylanne.com or call 757-729-2716.