What’s more relaxing than kicking back with a fresh cocktail on a hot summer day? Not much. We tried, double-checked, and picked our favorite bikini-friendly cocktails. Sip on these and indulge without the guilt all summer long.
Raspberry Mint Mojitos
1 shot rum
1 T. lime juice
1 packet Stevia in the Raw
6-7 fresh raspberries
4 fresh mint leaves
2/3 cup club soda
1. Place raspberries, mint leaves, lime juice and sweetener in the bottom of your glass.
2. Muddle together so that all your raspberries and mint leaves are crushed.
3. Top with ice and pour in your rum and club soda. Add a few additional mint leaves and raspberries if desired; garnish with a lime peel. Enjoy!
As seen on eat-yourself-skinny.com
The margarita’s pretty cousin, no wonder Mexico’s favorite cocktail is growing in popularity. It still has the same sweet & sour taste as a margarita, but a bit more bubbly and less than half the calories. Opt for a sweeter drink and swap the salt-rimmed glass for sugar. Sub sparkling water for club soda for even more bubbly.
1/4 cup good tequila
1 T. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup club soda
1/4 cup fresh grapefruit
1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
1 t. sugar
1. Spring sugar (or salt) on a small plate, cut grapefruit in half, rubbing outer edge of cocktail class on grapefruit to wet, rub rim of glass in sugar/salt.
2. In your cocktail glass combine grapefruit juice, lime juice and sugar, mixing until sugar dissolves. Add tequila, club soda, and ice. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit & enjoy!
As seen on bsinthekitchen.com
Skinny Blueberry Vodka Mojito
2 oz. vodka
4 oz. Sprite Zero
2 sprigs fresh mint (reserve a sprig for garnish)
1 T. fresh blueberries (reserve a few for garnish)
1. Muddle vodka, mint & blueberries together in a shaker. Add one cup of crushed ice & shake, shake, shake!
2. Pour into a cocktail glass and top with Sprite Zero, garnish with remaining mint and blueberries!
As seen on picklee.com
Sparking Lemonade Cocktail
2 oz. citrus vodka
4 slim lemon wedges (one for garnish)
4 oz. Prosecco
1. Muddle vodka & lemon wedges together in a shaker. Add crushed ice & shake for 30 seconds. 2. Tow with Prosecco and garnish with a lemon wedge.
As seen on picklee.com
MiOs Vodka Tonic
A personal favorite—a vodka tonic but with a new twist: MiOs drops. A couple colorful drops of these liquid water enhancers will add energy, flavor, and electrolytes without adding any calories. Lemonade, cranberry, raspberry, and berry pomegranate are the best.
My name is Sally Foster. I’m at 24-year-old super senior at Old Dominion University.I moved from Dallas, TX with my family when I was 14 to Virginia Beach and now feel like Tidewater has always been my home.
In the fall of 2009 I began my first semester of college at Tidewater Community College. What seemed like an undesirable start turned out to be a fulfilling experience. I learned to work hard for the first time, and I received my Associate’s Degree in business administration with honors two years later.
Following that I transferred to James Madison University to study business with a concentration in hospitality andfound myself doing the same at Old Dominion University a year later. Something wasn’t sticking. There was an unfulfilled part of me as I looked for everything external to brighten me.
At that juncture, I switched my major to English/Journalism a little over a year ago and today have dreams of becoming a travel journalist. When I’m not writing or working as a part-time server or florist, I enjoy happy hour, finding new music, gardening, going to brunch, attempting to cook , and getting outside as much as possible.
I dedicate my posts to the twenty-somethings. May you always create your own path and may you always be on your inner quest.